Thursday, October 11, 2007

an update from the Cress'

So, after over a month, Jeremy and I are FINALLY settled in. Today we’re going to hang the last few pictures on the wall, and the apartment will be pretty much finished. I’m actually really amazed at how much stuff we were able to cram into our tiny apartment. It’s kind of a miracle, actually. But stuff is crammed into the closet, under the bed, in the cabinets, and behind the table, and it all pretty much fits. Lol.

School is going pretty good; I’m taking 15 credits, not the minimum amount required, but also not the maximum amount available. The classes I’m taking are Intro to Biology, Descriptive Astronomy, and Linear Algebra. I wasn’t too excited about them at first, but I actually think I’ll like them. Jeremy is taking Intro to Macroeconomics, some accounting class (I’m not quite sure what the actual title is), and Weight Training and he seems to really be enjoying his classes because they actually tie into what he wants to do.

This past week has been pretty hectic for me, with two tests to study for and two homework packets to do. I’m definitely looking forward to next week, when I only have one test and it’s not until Friday. One nice thing about this week, though, was that Jeremy had Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday off, so we got to spend a little more time together than usual. He usually has Sunday and Monday off, but it was nice for him to have an extra day off. He works now at a restaurant called Prospectors (I believe it’s a bar and grill) as a food expeditor. As such, he’s responsible for making sure the food looks presentable before it gets sent out to the tables, ordering the cooks, runners, and even sometimes the servers and/or management around. It’s a stressful job sometimes, but he likes it pretty well. Especially since he’s next in line to be promoted to a server from within the restaurant. He’s really looking forward to that because that’s really what he likes to do. Plus, you get more in tips.

Other than this stuff, not a whole ton has been going on in our lives, but I thought I should probably update before I get another nasty letter from Mikaela. (just kidding!) We miss and love you all!!

-Myaela

No comments: