Wednesday, September 20, 2006

my first day as a college student...

Today was my first day of classes. And it was kinda interesting. To start out, it was an absolute nightmare trying to find a parking spot today. I drove around for like 5 minutes, realized I had 5 minutes to get to class, and just parked my car somewhere and hoped I wouldn't get a ticket. Then came my 9:00 Calc class. Which I'm technically NOT enrolled in. I'm enrolled in the 12:00 class, but the teacher said I could attend the 9:00 class instead. Which is cool with me, since my brain pretty much dies after 11:30. But anyway...I went to the building it was supposed to be in, and found out that it was instead at another building...like halfway across campus!! So I bumped into 2 other people going there, and we eventually found the right building. But then we realized that none of us remembered the room number we were supposed to go to. Smart us, right? Well, the guy knew the prof, so we just peeked our heads in looking for the right class and eventually found it. But there were no seats left. Joyous. But we eventually got things worked out. I just need to talk to the prof tomorrow and make sure it's okay if I come to the 9:00 class. I hope it is...because I'm going to take an institute class at 12:00. Then I had my honors class, which I made it to okay and everything. Actually, one of the girls from band (who I also went to dm camp with) is in my class, so that was cool. Class was boring...we just went over the syllabus and stuff. Then the prof let us out like 40 min early (it was a 2 hr class, btw). So another girl and I went to the bookstore to get some books. Oh and I already have homework. But yeah, let's just say that the line at the bookstore was CRAZY LONG!!! I'm definitely not going to buy books on the first day of class anymore. I seriously waited in line for at least 20 min. Then I went back to my car. Which DIDN'T have a ticket, thank heavens!!! I was so dang excited!! =D But anyway, then I went back to the apartment and made lunch. Then I had to come back for band, which was pretty boring, and I'm about to head over to another bookstore to see if I can find some used books, because there aren't any more at the EWU bookstore. Bye guys! Love ya'll!

-Myaela

No comments: