Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Worst Day....EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I just had a rough, rough day! I was cleaning my house today, so I put McKay in his crib so I could clean in his room. Well I figured since he was playing well in there, I'd run downstairs and get it vacuumed. When I was done and putting the vacuum away, I heard something break, and then he started screaming. I ran into his room, and somehow he managed to knock down a snow-globe from atop a really high shelf. It shattered all over his crib and his room. He had some of the glitter and water in his eye. I was freaking out because I thought he might have gotten glass in there. Luckily he didn't, and I bathed him and cleaned up the mess.

After this all happened, I was hosting a play-group date at my house for some people from church. I was trying to put Penny back into her "room" (aka the bathroom) when the front door got opened. Normally she doesn't run out, but she did today for some reason. It was raining, and she ran out in front of a car, and she got hit. I was FREAKING OUT! Of course I couldn't do anything cause people were over. THe one good thing is that I believe that woman driving the car saw her and hit the breaks before impact. She didn't run her over or anything, she just bumped her with her car. She's acted fairly normal all day though. She didn't have any blood in her stool or urine, so I hope she's okay.

Tonight, I am getting packed up because I'm going to work for the next few days. Anyways, as I was coming out of the bathroom after loading up all my toletries, I nearly step on Penny, and to avoid doing so, I moved back, and grabbed the railing to the stairs. I fell hard, and I nearly went head first down the stairs. Now I have a sore arm with a huge bruise, and a huge bruise on my thigh. I really need to be more careful. I'm SUCH a clutz!

So yeah, needless to say, it's been a rough day, and I'm ready for bed. Unfortunately I have an hour and a half drive ahead of me.....NOT FUN!

1 comment:

Knight Family said...

SO SORRY THAT YOU had a stinky day.

YUP I know I've had a few too. Everything is intensified with young children. Perhaps even small dogs! Keep your chin up! It makes you appreciate the good days being far and few between! (Now you can write in your grattitude journal that dog didn't die and McKay wasn't seriously injured) You do keep a grattitude journal? Doesn't everyone? Oprah says its the key to happiness!!

Becky